Based on new guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Connecticut State Department of Education, Norwalk Public Schools is pleased to update our Covid health protocols effective immediately:
- In outdoor settings, masks will no longer be required, except when students and/or staff are outdoors and in close contact while stationary (e.g., sitting/standing together in a group).
- Where students are actively moving around outside during recess or physical education activities, masks can be removed.
- Masks should also be on when going out of the building to recess and back into the building afterward.
- Good hand hygiene will continue to be emphasized before and after outdoor activities.
- Visitors who provide support or engage in official business at a school will now be allowed at schools.
- Parent volunteers will also be allowed at schools. Parents should check with the school prior to visiting for volunteer purposes.
While we encourage all who visit our schools to be fully vaccinated before engaging with our school community, health privacy laws mean we are not able to require someone to show a Covid card.
To read the most recent guidance from the CSDE, click here: Continued Mask Policies in School Buildings.